Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Deck Review The Wild Unknown Tarot

I have been wanting to write a review on this deck for a week now. I cannot tell you enough how much I love this deck. From the first time I opened it... it was love at first sight.

I bought the cards and you have to buy the companion book separate but I assure you the book it not needed. I have a mind hard wired for Tarot. Some would say I read very Masculinely (If that is even a word) because I only use my intuition that fits within the system. Yes it may sound rigid but I prefer to be accurate. Perhaps over time once I can say I've been reading for 30 years then I think I might rely on my intuition more. But these cards were so amazing. Each card is beautiful and the artist uses grey scale and color throughout the deck. If anyone does energetic work and wants a deck this one would be fabulous.


The Fire in the Wands suit is breathtaking. Here you see the King of Wands, the Ace of Wands and the Sun. You can see how the use of Black and White and color easily shows intensity in the images. 


Here we have the Six of Cups. Isn't it beautiful! This image made me think of what it takes to grow strong roots. Roots being childhood and the past. In this image you need strong roots in order to grow healthy in life. 


But then when it comes up reversed it has such a different message. Perhaps someone didn't have the best childhood. It was dark and meek. But it is always the pressure that makes us sparkle. 


The Lovers and Death cards. I love love love the Lovers card. Showing geese migrating along the Earth's magnetics. It takes the lovey dovey mushyness out of the Lovers card when you see how it represents being in tune with nature. The undivided self. 

This is possibly my favorite Death card ever. It does not tip toe around the message. It is dead. Rotting and returning from where it came from. Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. 


I always love the Three of Pentacles. It is a natural gift, a passion, and a skill. This image got me so excited. I moved from Illinois to Wyoming a couple years ago. Elevation: 6,673 ft.  I have done more work being here than I have my entire life. That is what happens when you have  lot of time on your hands. 


The Four of Wands. I love the black and white for the solid form and stability and the color for the light that creates it. Grounding Spirit into matter. 


The Three of Wands and the Two of Pentacles. I love this Two of Pentacles because it makes you realize that when life calls you to just go with the flow you are changing during that process. That life is a continual process of metamorphosis. You might feel like you are just doing your day to day things... but there change taking place on all levels. 

When I get a new deck I always shuffle out on card to see what I will learn from working with this deck. I got the Nine of Swords Reversed. 


Torture. Looks like it doesn't it? This deck is telling me that I can not think so much. That there is a point within me that knowledge springs from... and I don't always have to logically figure it out. That I don't have to put everything in black and white. That sometimes the color has just as much valid information. 


The Light shines so clearly through this deck. A new way of thinking is mastered. We no longer get carried away in our imagination. We are not going indulge our feelings anymore by letting them dictate our thoughts. We have to be aware of where we are focusing our power. What we are creating. I just had a very rad reading so I am pretty excited. I had stopped from the picture above and just came back with this spread.  So even my energy is focused elsewhere and the cards show it. The Two of Cups. What we believe truly creates our reality. That was the lesson of her reading. 

I have been doing more and more readings. I do this from home. How awesome it is to work from home and to be able to be home for my kids. Instead of having someone else raise them in daycare. I have transformed. Like the moth to the flame I seek the light. I teach people to do the same. I inspire people. 

There is a primordial Earth energy that we can tap into that creates our reality. It is the Serpent Fire energy. It is our personal power. It is this energy that roots us in reality. We must channel this energy from our Sacral Creative Sexual point down through our Root and deep into the Earth. 

We are building bridges between our conscious and subconscious minds.  We are allowing creation to be done from the heart and not the male brain. But the female one. 




A re-shuffle and draw and we get the same cards... plus the Empress. 

We are reconsidering where we draw resources from. No longer a slave to our conditioning we can re program ourselves. There is healing through heart to heart communication. We need relationships in our lives. We need interaction. It is the best mirror into our subconscious. Striving to dig deeper than ever before. 

"The raven is symbolic of mind, thought and wisdom according to Norse legend, as their god Odin was accompanied by two ravens: Hugin who represented the power of thought and active search for information. The other raven, Mugin represented the mind, and its ability to intuit meaning rather than hunting for it. Odin would send these two ravens out each day to soar across the lands. At day's end, they would return to Odin and speak to him of all they had spied upon and learned on their journeys."

This makes me think of the relationship between the Hierophant and the High Priestess. One is more male and actively searches for information in the external world and the other is a feminine reception of information from Spiritual Subconscious means. The invisible bridge to the Moon. 



The Emperor  is the Black and White. The Empress brings the color. The Emperor looks like a Pine Tree to me. It looks all linear and boring. It the Conscious mind where the Devil reigns. The rational logical way to go about life. Then you have the Moon. Where Magic lives. Where things happen that are irrational. The more rigid your Hierophant the less room you allow magic to create.

"Those who do not believe in Magic will never find it."

You have to establish a logical goal and then focus on it. Not the steps... just the goal. And believe that it is possible. 

Our thoughts effect our emotions. And our emotions direct our actions. As Above, So Below. It is about bringing everything into balance. 


I pulled this card again to finish with. Lord of Completion. The manifestation of balanced forces, resulting in the fulfillment of earlier hopes, ideas and dreams. The number Four is a Square representing order in the Universe to build a sturdy stable structure. 

Heaven on Earth :)














1 comment:

  1. That is one COOL deck Mandy! I never heard of it, and your review was fabulous! Will keep an eye out for that!

    ReplyDelete