Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Fight With My Husband

I am often confronted by people who want to understand how the Tarot works. I have my theories... but like with a lot of things in my life, I have a very Agnostic view.... I don't really have to know HOW Tarot works in order to receive its gifts.

Since our move, I have not had a lot of time to play with my cards for my daily work. So this morning I decided before getting out of bed to draw a spread. And here it is.



Wheel of the Year Tarot
I apologize for the shaughty pictures...

Anyways... so the first card that came up the Three of Wands... All this excitement as of late has kind of rendered me in a "Now What" funk... Crossing me was the Seven of Cups... telling me, well it's up to you.... pick wisely.

The Queen of Pentacles reflects that I am now at home within and without and that is what is going on in my physical world. In my head though, I am having a hard time grasping and integrating this in my life with the Page of Pentacles. My recent past shows that we have been feeling very fortunate in regards to our finances. The Hope card is affecting me... also helping me transition and integrate all this new-ness in my life.

The whole situation is Justice. The Thoth deck calls this card "Adjustment" which lately I have been liking. Adjusting adjusting adjusting... it's hard to remain flexible when life corrects itself for you... and you have no clue what is going on.

My hopes and fears has the Four of Pentacles.... yup here it is... that lurking doubt... is it enough? Are we going to be okay? The near future has the Seven of Swords... showing me that we are in the process of getting to that better place.

When I read for myself I pull one card at a time and look at it... so IMAGINE my shock when I pulled the TOWER in my final outcome.

WHAT! Are you kidding me?!

It is at this exact point when reading when you want to start doubting and questioning the cards. You just don't want to believe it.

So I decided to ask the cards what this Tower will look like... then I drew The Wheel and the 8 of Swords.

Great. Awesome. Whatever it is... the cards are telling me not to freak out and stay centered in order to ride through it.

FUCK!

Seriously!!! I cant take any more of this....

So I put the cards away..... and grabbed my new Mary-El Tarot. To which I drew one card.

The Emperor 




Beautiful Isn't it. There are so many ways to interpret the cards... really the only true way to understand their message is to give it time to blossom in your life and see happens.

Sure enough... within the hour my husband and I got into a fight. The stress from moving, financial worries, his foot being broken, him being home, us being up each other's asses... the whole nine yards. Full blown misery.

Well there it is... the Emperor, the Tower, The Five of Pentacles it was all there...

Halfway through our argument I drew another spread. (Don't judge me I always have cards in my hands... and my husband doesn't even bat an eye)



So here it was. I always have a running conversation with my cards.

So here I was... being the Fool. Detached... trying hard to ride out the wave. Crossing me, naturally, the Lovers... go figure. The Devil pops us in what I am dealing with in my physical life. Fear, Doubt, Restriction... oh yeah I was.

But the Empress was affecting me. This card was telling me to choose love.

Of course the Ace of Pentacles saying... hey this is all new... this Ace and this Fool. But the environment has the Strength card. Telling me that if I can use my Strength and Knowledge I can focus on being the Queen of Swords... master of my thoughts. She is honest, forthright, and experienced. She does not let thoughts run away with her... she has controlled them.

The Tower was on my mind.... see it? Above me? All I could think about was... this is it... this is what the cards were talking about. Phew... thank God that the Ten of Swords is in the near future... this argument will come to a dead end. It will go back to where it came from....

The final outcome is the Knight of Cups, which to me, is welcomed after this mess. To get further info on this card I drew another... Judgement.

This tells me that this will end and we will be in a better mindset from now on.

We settled the argument and all was well in the world again. All I could think about were the cards. Sometimes I wonder if people really understand how I use the cards, and how they talk to me. Do they think I am crazy? Do they think I am a new-age weirdo? All I can say... is I have a Gypsy soul... and the cards found me.

Now that the fight is behind us... I drew one last spread....



Looks like the energy is moving around. If you notice, the Seven of Swords was in the near future in my first draw. So here I am... that near future is now. Justice, crossing me, shows that the adjustment is the issue. Do I change from this fight? To I make the necessary adjustments now? Will I balance what needs to be balanced?

The Emperor... on my mind... of course my husband. The Lovers in the environment. The recent past Eight of Cups... which in this deck shows a woman crying over her lover walking away. 

The High Priestess is affecting me. All this knowledge and understanding that I am soaking in from this whole experience. My hopes and fears is the Hanged Man. Yes. I do. I just want to surrender my life over to everything I do not understand. I want to take a break... because I cant control anything... nothing makes sense... everything is, as the Fool says, up in the air.

The near future is the 4 of Wands... and in this deck it shows a man who completed a tree house for his daughter who is jumping for joy. After the fight this morning I am so happy to see this card. As I am typing this my hubby is in the other room watching movies with my kids.

The Final outcome was the Wheel again... We were able to get through this bump and now life goes on... and on and on.... To draw more from this outcome I drew another card... the King of Wands....

I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment