Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Got My Mary-El Tarot!!!







Well I have it, my Mary-El Tarot. I LOVE the packaging. It really just creates the set when sitting down with it. No candle lighting or inense bullshit with this... just taking it out of the box is enough to flip my magical switch!

Absolutely beautiful. I love Schiffer publishing... I actually think it may be my favorite publisher. I love the quality and thickness of the cards, very durable... and they truly support the eye and art of the artist.

I took my time to read throught he introduction... which read:

"Memento mori was a genre of art, popular in the Middle Ages, that focused on death, corpses, angels, skeletons, etc., with the purpose of reminding one of their mortality, which is what memento mori means, Remember your Mortality."

This sent a wave of gratitude through me. In one of my previous lives when I was a floral designer I worked with a girl who was a energy healer from Russia. She was an amazing woman. Her and her husband were trained in martial arts, energy healing, aromatherapy, and fitness. When I was younger I thought they were amazing. She taught me how to meditate and feel energy and makes orbs in your hands. She had several healing techniques she used. Her husband, always reminded me of the Magician in Tarot. He was a wonderful creator.

Recently, I met back up with them for lunch in the park. There I gave them Tarot readings. Her husband, older now after having a child who is now six, looked at me and said, "I used to think I was God, but since my grandmother died, things have changed"... to which I replied, "ah yes, Mortality."


This Skull explains how we are Earth (Agate), Spirit (Amethyst), and Human (Skull)


Whenever I receive a new deck, I first ask the deck what it is I can prepare myself to learn when working with the deck. This deck answered me with the Judgement Card.



"In the traditional Judgement card, an angel calls forth the dead from their graves on Judgement Day. The angel is Metatron. The people rising from their graves a...re the worm in the Earth, the crustacean rising from the black water, the Lotus from the muddy bottom of the pond, the life from void, the baby from the womb, the snakes from the black earthen tomb of Malkuth, physical world of life and death, Knowledge, to which we were condemned when we (symbolically) ate the apple, called to meet our destiny."

This was an interesting message to hear since I was in a conversation on my page earlier this morning.


So far, I can say, that this deck has a lot of information for me.

I am really excited to learn more about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment