Monday, December 31, 2012

Deck Interview The Housewives Tarot

I received this deck as a Christmas present from my best friend. It has always been on my list but I must admit always got knocked down because I thought of it as a novelty deck and worried that it had no real substance to it.... boy was I wrong.

To begin with. I just love the packaging. The marketing concept on this baby is perfect. The cards come in a sturdy box. The booklet comes with unique spreads that really dig deep. There are also recipes to complete the package.

The card stock is very thick. It is good because it makes them heavy duty and practically indestructible but can reek havoc on the hands for a professional reader. They don't melt like butter in your hands like a brand new set of LoScarbaro cards.

One thing about the cards that I love in decks is that the borders are color coated for the suits: Black for the Major Arcana, Red for the Swords, Green for the Pentacles, Blue for the Cups, and Gold for the Wands. The reason I like this is because it brings elemental depth to the readings. It is obvious to a reader that the client is having emotional issues when the entire spread is mostly Blue.

The whole of the cards really gives you that 50's desperate housewife feel. The cards are loaded with struggles that stay at home moms like myself can relate to.


I have three kids. The day I drew this card I felt like I was going to pull my hair out. The little bastards had ran me raw. I sure saw red that day. Luckily this deck gave me a sense of ease during that frustrating time. 

The images are laced with cocktails, dishes, cleaning supplies and all sorts of "Mommies little helpers."

When drawing cards to see what I would learn from this deck I pulled The Hierophant, The Hermit, and the Magician. Very strong message if you ask me. All Major Arcana to prove just how powerful this deck is. How well thought out and constructed it is. I love how this deck is designed for a specific purpose and it does it well. 


I think this says a lot about this deck. It will help teach you to make the most of the time at home. Being a stay at home mom is not the easiest job in the world. Only those who do it really understand its challenges. This deck will help you make your home a comfortable sanctuary. Every member of the household relies on mom. Sometimes it is hard to manage all those needs. Sometimes the redundancy of it all can play tricks on us. It is nice to have this little deck to be a daily reminder of what is really important. How to handle stressful situations. The deck has been a good companion when planning my days. It is honest with me when I need to get off my ass and clean my house or when things are starting to bubble over and I need some good down time. 

I think that this deck is paramount to the Tarot Industry. I feel that we are going to see more decks like this. It is much much more than a novelty deck. It is perfect from its concept to its delivery. It is a must have for every housewife. I look forward to more specialty decks coming out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment