Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011 Tarot Reading

So the whole reason I started this whole thing was to document my relationship with the Tarot. Hopefully, I can commit to a Journal/Tarot Reading a day.

Wish me Luck...

For starters I have decided to draw a spread and inquire about the project I just took on... creating this blog and creating a website for my Tarot Reading practice.
(Funny how doctor's have a "practice" because you never really complete the learning process... it is never ending and you improve with experience)

Spread: Celtic Cross

Present: Ace Of Cups (Reversed)

I am blocking a new way of feeling. Keeping the beginning of a new way of feeling from beginning. I think this card is telling me that I have finally come to terms with worrying about what people think of me. A very good friend, Janice Walker once said to me, "I am who I am... I think there was a book that said it too. (*Joke)

I finally am able to feel a sense of individual self worth.

Problem: Strength

Inner strength. The type of strength it takes to conquer the primal forces within and without. True strength.

I think this card is telling me that I am struggling with the fact that I may have found my voice, but I need the balls to speak it.

Above: Star

Hope.

Perhaps I can use the courage of the Strength card to hang on to as Hope.

I hope that my thoughts are well received and that good will come of it... for me and those who take time to listen to what I have to say.

Below: Queen of Swords (Reversed)

Oh the queen of swords is so witty, bold, forward and borderline blunt and candid.  She is outspoken and charming. She has a way with words and is almost always right. She is not over confident in that sense though, she is humble and has a great sense of humor as she pokes fun in an almost inappropriate fashion. She has seen and done it all.... she is experienced and has a stillness in her wisdom.

I need to embrace that side of me that knows who I am and is not afraid to show it. 

Past: Queen of Wands (Reversed)

Another queen. The feminine aspect of power. Wands is of fire and insiration and spirit.

She is attractive, energetic, cheerful, self-assured... she has a glow of radiance and confidence. Busy and active she spread fire wherever she turns up.

Since she is in the past and reversed she is telling me that recently I have been a little stuck. To be honest, a little depressed. Afraid to do what I love because I worried what people thought of it... and the controversy surrounding it.

Happy that is in the past : )

Future: Six of Pentacles

Giving and Receiving... in balance. One must give... before they can receive.

This website and this blog is me giving.... if you build it they will come.

Affecting Me: Ten of Wands

Overburden. Full of ideas... tasks... overwhelmed.

I guess starting all this somewhat feels like too much for me at once. Intimidation sounds right. It is that period after a rush of energy to the point of being overwhelmed with spirit.

Yup that sounds about right.

External Influences: Ten of Swords

Mental burnout. Rock bottom.

I think once you turn and toil mentally about something there comes a point where you just drop the whole damn thing all together. You lay it down. You stick a fork in it... it is done.

I'm there. I am so over thinking and festering... I am done being in "process"... I am ready to start doing something.

I have argued about this is my head long enough and I am over it.

Hopes and Fears: Two of Wands

The world is in my hands.... I can do anything. The world is my oyster.

Final Outcome: Knight of Pentacles (Reversed)

Seems like all of the reversed cards in my spread today signify release.

The knight of pentacles undertakes tasks successfully. He is diligent, is detailed, hard working, and persistant.

I am taking charge of this project. I am unleashing his energy to accomplish my dream.

------------------------------------------

Awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment