Friday, January 11, 2013

Layering in a Spread Using Different Decks


I want to show you guys how to use several decks and how to layer cards in a spread. So first I want to pull one Oracle card that will be the center of the reading. I am pulling from my Shadow and Light Oracle.



I pulled the Dried Flower Fairy (Sweet Memories). Right away the cards are delving into the past. Think in terms of our dried prom courage.  The things that are long gone but the keepsakes stay to help us remember.

Now I want to explore further on what the cards are trying to tell me. So I am going to pull cards for the Four Directions.


So here we go. I have a confession to make. I am having a personal issue. It is on the forefront of my mind. So naturally the cards are going to pick this up. I am resistant to it... which is probably why the cards are putting it in my face. Which is probably why I was resisting blogging today. Why the cards were not being cooperative. They wanted to deal with the issue at hand... and I did not. 

The Five of Wands comes up because I got into a fight with my best friend last week. It has produced a Spiritual battle within myself. I have been trying to deny it... something I often do. 

In the past the Moon comes up to say that Fear was a big part of the issue. The Moon is about inner demons.  Suffering from phobias. Being overcome by anxiety. Allowing our imagination to run wild. Confused and lost in the dark. My best friend is going through a really hard time right now. She is a Scorpio... and me being an Aquarius, the alignments of the planets right now spell out trouble. She is deep feeling and I am very detached. This, of course, is a very bad combination. Mars in Aquarius. Saturn in Scorpio. Uranus in Aries. 

The cards encourage me to bring clarity to the situation with the Ace of Swords. To really dig into it and be done with it with the Ten of Swords. Okay Tarot... I really didn't want to go here... but you give me no choice. 

So now I want to explore deeper. I am going to use my Legacy of the Divine Tarot to dig out more information from the existing cards. 


Okay. So. With the Five of Wands comes the 7 if Wands. A very very fiery situation. The root of the situation is about standing up to your convictions. Being aggressive. Feeling attacked. Having a fixed position. Now you can see that the two cards together show that it is a conflict involving a kind of king of the mountain scenario. 

Now we move over to the Moon and the Three of Cups reversed shows up. This card is about friendship and community. Coming together. It being reversed shows that the confusion of the Moon has drove a wedge between our friendship. 

The Six of Swords comes up with the Ace of Swords to say... get some clarity so you can move past this. 

The Sun reversed along side of the Ten of Swords really shows the path that I am on. I can't think straight. I am very scatter brained and the illumination of the Sun has not rose yet on the situation. So basically... still stuck in the Moon phase. 

I will now lay a card crossing the Fairy to see what the True challenge is.


Using my Shaman Tarot I pulled the Four of Stones. Also known as the Four of Cups. "Sacred Smoke: Expectations and the fear that they will fly away, like smoke. Dissatisfaction, the need for inner purification."

Now that the cards have mapped out the situation. I am going to layer around the spread and ask the cards for the best way to handle the situation using my Dreaming Way Tarot. Then using my Madame Endora's Fortune Cards I am going to lay a card in each quadrant to show the outcome of this advice. 


Okay. So. In the Root we pulled the Chariot reversed. Now this is laid over the the Five of Wands and the Seven of Wands. The situation is out of control. Wrong use of energies. Wrong use of force. Being willful but unjustifiably. But overall moving in a different direction. No flexibility. Hot tempered and impulsive. 

The Five of Swords reversed came up over the Moon and the Three of Cups (R). Despair after defeat is the theme of this card. It being reversed sends me a message to allow myself to walk away. Not to engage in battle. 

The card in between is the Maiden: A New Relationship Blossom. This is hard for me to read. It is very heartbreaking thinking that maybe the cards are telling me that by letting go of this friendship I make space in my life for a new one. (we will draw more cards on it to make sure).

Then the Two of Swords reversed comes up over the 7 of Swords and the Ace of Swords. Don't force things. Don't even try to figure it out. Now is not the time. 

The middle card is Love: True Love and Fidelity. I think this card says that if you lay low the Truth will come naturally. If the friendship is true it will prevail.... if not.... you don't need it anyways. 

The Ten of Swords and the Sun (R) got the Devil (R). Resist temptation. The Devil is at work here and you don't want to have any part of it. By getting involved you are just feeding the Fear. That is what it wants. 

Between the two is the Mystic Circle: Your abilities will be enhanced. It represents Spiritual and Occult beliefs. You are empowered and protected. Focus energy on your main goal. 

I think this card says to stop feeding it energy and put that energy to where it will be more useful. 

And the final card is the Winds of Change: Your surroundings Will undergo a Transition. I feel as if a crow bar has been thrown under my feet as I am running. I feel this changes everything. 

Now I will draw another card over each Endora card to get more clarification. Then I will draw a single card in the middle again to sum up the direction I really need to take from my Shapeshifter Oracle. 



So over the Maiden I got the Nine of Cups (R). Showing that I need to look for relationships that give me a sense of fulfillment and happiness. 

Over the Love card I drew the Knight of Cups (R) showing again that the situation is fickle and unreliable. It is a lesson to me to be cautious on whom I choose to love. Since when I do I tend to give it my all. 

The Empress comes up over the Mystic Circle to say that I can now focus on better things... like my family. Put the energy I put toward her back into the people who will never go anywhere and need me the most. 

The Queen of Wands comes up over the Winds of Change. Urging me to re-claim the fire that was put out in me. To regain my confidence. 

The center card is the Unending Sadness of Looking Back. Endless regret, obsessive grief, replaying the past, negative nostalgia. The card says, "knock that shit off." Things are changing... and you have to move with them. Grieving over what is gone will get you nowhere. It will only keep you from moving forward. 

I love having friends. When I do find a friend I value it very much. The Universe is telling me that that energy is going to be needed elsewhere in the future. 

So... if I let go of this and focus on my work and family... what will I be left with?

One last card for the center. 


You are independent and free. *Sigh*  

"This is a time for you to go within, into some kind of wilderness and wild place, whether this place is within you, or one that exists in the world. It is time for you to become self-reliant, quiet, stealthy, aware. You must take your place as a being who can survive, and who can support themselves. You may see this as a test or hardship, but it is a great moment of coming into your power. You have your quiver, your arrows and bows, and the companionship of the animals, the hounds, the deer and the trees. This way you will grow in valour, and connect more and more to the cycles of this world. Artemis is the God of self-sufficiency. It is time to strip myself to the basics for a time. To find my independence and strengths."

It is true. I relied a lot on her. She was in my life on a daily basis. Most days I felt like she was a drug I needed in order to survive. I needed her fix. The Universe does not support these type of dependencies. So it was only natural for the Universe to rip her from me. But it is only to help me learn that I am all I need. Everything else is luxury... and when this lesson is complete I will truly be able to appreciate those luxuries as they are and not necessities. 

Sucks. Bad. It is sad. Good thing I am a cold hearted Aquarius... otherwise this might have killed me. But no... I am a survivor. I have gone through worse than this and I am still here. The sooner I let this go the sooner I will be able to see what is around the corner with the Winds of Change. The sooner I re-kindle my fire the sooner I will find happiness again. 
















1 comment:

  1. Ah Mandy, so sorry about this, that can't be easy. Sometimes these things happen though, changes you make and changes they make go in such different ways there is no understanding and then it is pointless to pursue, and wondering how it got there could also be an exercise of futility. Keep us posted, and get some Rescue Remedy, right? Just because Aquarius is not as outward with emotion doesn't mean you don't feel, and that can be worse. Hearing you!

    ReplyDelete